Effective Dec 12, 2013
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer or mobile device, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, Application, services, features and content and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Application (together, the "Service").
Personally Identifiable Information.
- In the course of using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with, or grant us access to, or permission to obtain, certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card/debit card number or other billing information, email address and postal address.
- We also collect transaction information related to purchases you make with Linked Cards (as defined in our Terms of Service), including, but not limited to, purchase amount, purchase time and date and merchant for each transaction. By connecting any Linked Card via the Service, you give us the right to use the transaction data from your Linked Cards until you remove your Linked Card from the Service. You may do so at any time via the Service to prevent future transactions associated with the Linked Card from being captured via the Service. We will retain the data associated with your Linked Cards for historical transactions as it is necessary to maintain your Reward Progress and Rewards.
- We collect Personal Information in connection with your registration to join our Service. You can register to join via the Site or Application or by logging into your account with Facebook or other third party social networking sites ("SNS") via our Site or Application. If you decide to register by logging into an SNS via our Site or Application, we will obtain the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your "real" name, profile picture, email address and other information you make publicly available via the applicable SNS) from the account you have with such SNS and use that information to create your account and you will become a Member; the information we obtain may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS.
- We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage (e.g., without limitation, age, zip code, geo-location information and mobile device identification information (e.g., UDID) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Thanx Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site, Application and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Thanx Opportunities and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications (See "Changing or Deleting Information," below.)
Log Data. When you visit the Service, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Thanx User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site and Application, access times and dates and other statistics. From users of the Application, we also collect Log Data such as agent version, platform, SDK version, API key for the Application, Application version, mobile device model, manufacturer and version, access times and dates, time zones and network status.
We use Google Analytics and Flurry Analytics to collect, monitor and analyze this information in order to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site and Application meet the criteria required to process their requests. Accordingly, Log Data is shared with Google and Flurry, which have their own privacy policies (accessible at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ and http://www.flurry.com/about-us/legal/privacy.html) addressing how these parties use such information. You may opt out of Flurry Analytics tracking and personalized ads/recommendations from Flurry by clicking here. Please note that the opt-out is specific to Flurry activities and does not affect the activities of other ad networks or analytics providers.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Thanx. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SNS. The Service gives you the option to share information contained in your account with certain SNS. We will not share your account information, which may contain your Personal Information, with such SNS unless you expressly authorize such disclosure.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site and Application-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, credit card processing, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s and Application’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site, Application and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Thanx cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Thanx or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Thanx may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided to us in course of the use of the Service via the Site and Application or by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Thanx is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The security of your personal information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.